Thursday 12 June 2008

Guilt, guilt, sort of


I don't really hate young people, even under the sub-group Student, although yesterday's post might have left that impression corroding the milder, more forgiving mind. But the 4th missile/toy of the week had just come crashing over the fence and into my plants, and this rose (seen here in August of another year) had been flattened by a large heavy football.

After getting the stepladder out, failing to find any thick gloves to go rose-handling in, bloodily wrestling it back to an upright position, and being ripped to shreds by its killer thorns, I tied this lovely rose up again so that it could continue with its soilpipe-camouflage duties. But I was left with more than my share of bile and venom to discharge, and you, Gentle Reader, got it in full spate. Once I get the tiny invisible tips of 2 thorns out of my fingers, I may return to a state of tolerant, tranquil kindness towards the world and its motley inhabitants, even those ninnies who can't quite make it 500 yards down the street to the great green open spaces where football doesn't risk a blood feud with the neighbours. Till then, I may still prove to have a very short fuse, so watch where you hurl that frisbee....meantime, peace and love......
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

mountainear said...

Try telling the dumb dog that digging out two pits in the middle of the 'purple border' was a Bad Idea. I could have recited Homer for all the good it did me. Grrr.

rachel said...

Comment above was sent in error, I think, as it doesn't appear to relate to my postbut in the spirit of waste not want not, I thought I'd publish it in case the author wondered where it ended up. Wish I could recite Homer....

Related Posts with Thumbnails