Wednesday 6 August 2008

Getting the horrors

That was the honeymoon, and it's over. Today has been all noise and destruction, with holes appearing in walls and floors, carpets pulled back, architrave prised off, and high-pitched machinery going full blast. The electrician who issues the necessary certificate that approves all the work in kitchen and bathroom ("special zones", apparently) has wired, earthed, drilled through to outdoors, and added even more ugly plastic boxes to the collection of many-cabled gubbinses in what will become the meter cupboard.

The bathroom tiles are almost all in place, and although I know they don't look their best with spacers, no grout, no shiny new trappings surrounding them, and no fluffy white towels, I am finding them hard to love. Suzy, returning from Wales, and before even seeing them in situ, said "Well, I wasn't going to say anything at the time, but..." - at which point I stopped her from saying it at this time instead, although she did make three attempts.

Another early night is called for, I suspect, and maybe all will look better tomorrow. And if it doesn't, I will just have to lump it.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails