Having come home to a warm welcome from all (or at least from humans and the dog - the cats are always a bit tepid, because, well, they're cats, aren't they, and too cool to let you see they're pleased to have you home), and after enjoying a sound night's sleep in my own bed (with added cats) and a decently-powered shower, I have time to assimilate what these past few days have added up to.
And these are some of the preliminary thoughts that have emerged.
- Short of a financial miracle occurring, first-choice Sidmouth is probably too expensive for me
- Seaside is going to cost more than countryside
- Countryside is beautiful too. The animals would love it
- There is an awful lot of Devon and Dorset still to discover
- I remain confident that this is the right kind of area for me
- I have time
- I'm optimistic!
2010 will certainly bring more visits, but in the meantime, online research will keep the flame burning.
Watch this space...