Your cat ate the cake??? (Of course I love lemony drizzle and would have eaten it too, were I a cat.) I once had a dog eat an entire borthday cake covered in aluminum foil, but I never had such trickery from cats!
Cats like cake?
I think I might have to give that cat a quick iron.Sleeping off the sugan high, eh?xo Jane
She's trying to tell you something . . .
Smokey (long deceased Maine Coon) loved yeast so much that he would eat right through the plastic bread wrap of store-bought bread. It didn't matter if I put it high up in the kitchen cupboards; he would open the cupboard door and climb (all 20 lbs of him) to get at it. I finally gave up and started putting it in the refrigerator. It would go stale faster that way, but at least I could have a whole slice of bread and not one with cat teeth marks on it.So I sympathize with you.
Sorry, I had to laugh! Hmm, obviously the cake's smell was irresistible! Is she forgiven?All the best,
I had a kitty who licked all the apricot jam off of what were supposed to be glazed apple tarts, but lemon and cling film take it to a new level!Glad you are back with posts, I've missed you!
She's got a sweet tooth, hope you brush her teeth.:-)
I am surprised! I wonder what it was that she liked so much about the cake. I have read that cats cannot taste "sweet."
Butter. Millie adores butter. And cheese, especially Philadelphia cream cheese. But she'll give most things a go, so long as it isn't cat food.....
I can quite understand . I don't like cat food either .
I do hope she didn't actually eat the clingfilm. (As ever more concerned about the cat than the human and her loss of cake). Dylan, a long gone dear tabby, used to love pickled beetroot vinegar. I've also had cats who have loved chocolate, raisins, cauliflower and curry. When I was first married my sister-in-law lived with us. She came home one day, shattered from a long hospital shift and laid down her fish supper to wash her hands before she ate it. Arthur the cat stole the fish, quick as a flash, and my poor sister-in-law didn't see the joke at all especially as my husband and I were rather unsympathetic, being vegetarians at the time. Ah les beaux jours . . .
Our spaniel once ate raw pastry which I had put in the bin when it went wrong ...... interesting white poo for several days afterwards!! (at least that didn't incur a vet's bill, unlike the time I feared she had eaten some pins and the vet nurses fed her cotton wool sandwiches .......)
Ah, yes, Millie, butter is gooood!The -cat-before-us,Josh, wore a collar with 2 bells and an electronic beeper and a flashing light ( warn the birds), but it did not save the chocolate cake...
We used to have a cat that would dig raisins out of any baking. Didn't want plain raisins, mind you, just ones that had been baked into a cake, muffins etc.
I have to know - did she leave any? How much cling-film is left? Did she share it with Flossie?
Oh dear...!Our Norwegian Forest ( who just turned up one day and stayed ) steals bread and will rip through wrapping bags to get at his prize, if you don`t put the shopping away quickly enough. Interesting to read that Karen`s Maine Coone used to do the same.
Have you thought of lemon drizzling her cat food and wrapping it in cling film?
And I thought that cats dislike any citrus aromas. Oh dear.
Post a Comment