Thursday 16 April 2009

Delight twice - and shame



R brought me some lovely tulips yesterday. They started off as yellow, but are now turning gently to orange. The paper they came in became Millie's Best Plaything for the day.

The pleasure of R's visit was marred by a call from B, wondering where I was - I should have been meeting her at the Biscuit Factory for coffee. Both arrangements were clearly marked on the calendar - unfortunately, on two separate calendars, one upstairs and one in the kitchen. I am so mortified.......

4 comments:

Kitty said...

Beautiful tulips - and they came in leopard print paper - how utterly fantastic!
I must make it to the Biscuit Factory one of these days. I need a trip to VV Rouleaux (as you do) so maybe one day soon...

rachel said...

Sadly, VV Rouleaux Newcastle is no more; from shop to franchise to disappeared in no time at all. I think the nearest shop is in Edinburgh. The Biscuit Factory might be worth coming up for though?

Kitty said...

No, no no! I was in Edinburgh this week and didn't know to look! OH, woe is me!
They may have a concession in Bainbridges, sorry John Lewis. Knickers is what I say. Pants to that.
And I was once one of those students, possibly living in your city terrace, making the noise, listening to the sirens. Strangely I do miss it a little tiny bit.

rachel said...

Yes, they do - in John Lewis in Edinburgh..... (sorry).

Related Posts with Thumbnails