Friday 17 April 2009

Grump grump grump

Awake at 5 this morning, thanks to the yowling and trampling of a persistent old cat wanting breakfast, followed by a wild kitten wanting to play, followed by a fluffy purrer walking on my chest, wanting to say hello - now that I was awake anyway - and so it went on, for rather a long time, till I gave in and got up, disgruntled and underslept, with a growing headache.

And I had been dreaming (no, don't glaze over like that, I'm not going to tell you in that level of minute detail so favoured by people who insist on telling you everything about their dreams) that I was at work, and wondering why, now that I was retired, I kept going back in, every day.... So I got up in a pretty awful mood, which isn't very common for me, and I haven't been able to shake it off. Or maybe they are all being extra annoying - the dog is scuttling about, nails clicking on the floor in a nerve-rattling way, trying to hide a little kitten toy she has stolen, the kitten is flying round the house at high speed, scattering the hall rug, clattering in and out of the cat flap, paws thundering up and down the stairs. There was nothing interesting for breakfast, and I grated a bit of the cheese wrapper into my omelette without noticing.

I
have cleaned the cat trays, while Lottie queued patiently - oh how she loves using a clean cat tray! - and walked the dog, hunched against the cold wind. Picking up after her (thankfully, she's a small dog), I was spotted by Dave the window cleaner, who commented, "Eee, your life's all glamour!"

So to glamourise it even further, I'm abandoning them all for a bit. I'm off to the supermarket, and you know how annoying people in there can be. I may be some time.

3 comments:

Susan said...

you must check your biorythyms at once - just plug in your birth date and poof ! all will be revealed. http://facade.com/biorhythm/

sounds so much like my house and ahhh the supermarket a favourite haunt of mine

hope you have a swell weekend.
S & les Gang

Charlotte said...

Rock and Roll V! At least you didn't get up to cat poo on the kitchen floor like I did. x

BumbleVee said...

hahahha...that was funny! By the time I got to the bit about grating the wrapper into your omelette I laughed right out loud.

aren't pets entertaining>? I don't have cats anymore...but, I remember it well.... and lots to photograph and talk about for sure.... they are nonstop...

I was a dental assistant for many years and still dream about trying to punch a perfect rubber dam... because I like them tidy.... arrggghhhh!

oh, joy,...the stupidmarket.. it's bad enough having to go there on a good day..... gird your loins...

with any luck tomorrow will be a better day...

xx the other Vee.......

Related Posts with Thumbnails