Thursday 10 November 2011

Lovely day - a guest post


Hello! Flossie here. I haven't been on Slow Lane Life for a while because I've been very busy helping the builders. 

I love the builders!

We had a day off from building  today. Firstly, Tosca went off to have her hair cut. She looks and smells a lot better now.


 Meantime, Tricia took a photo of me with Lady, my favourite toy. She says I make her laugh.


I love Lady!


Later on, we went to the beach.


I love the beach!


We took a ball.

I love a ball!


And we met Pippa, who is so like me - she has a ball too, and doesn't like to share it, but we ran in and out of the water trying to steal a ball from each other.






I got Pippa's yellow ball.


And she got my pink one. Her human couldn't make her drop it. Rachel laughed at this; she said I was just the same.

Then Pippa went home, and we carried on playing and walking.

Tricia took lots of photos of me. I don't know why, really, because when I'm wet, she complains about the smell in the car.



But I love being wet!


Rachel took photos of Tricia and us with her phone.



Then they said we had to go home. The painter and the joiner would need a cup of tea. Tosca and I thought we would like a little something too.

The sun was going down.


But there was just time for another gallop into the waves.


And then we really had to go.



Everyone was going home for dinner. And so were we.

We love dinner!

See you soon. Big wet licks from Flossie. xxx

Note from Rachel: sorry about all the exclamation marks. They're a Flossie thing.

18 comments:

dinahmow said...

Nice post. I love this blog!

the veg artist said...

And we love reports of you having a lovely time!

flwrjane said...

Flossie!!! What a great day you and Tosca and Pippa had.

So much to love. I can smell you right through the clouds:)

xo Jane

alison said...

Love this piece and gorgeous dogs who appear to love life and their owners.
Wow look at that beuatiful scenery (second last photo, what a great print in reduction).

Razmataz said...

That tugged at my heartstrings. The last summer we had our dogs, we often photographed them in the water...what they loved most of all...

Beautiful photos.

xo.sorcha.ox said...

I love this post! You know, I woke up this morning to discover we had no gas and I had to have a cold shower, so I was in a pretty sombre mood until I read this: Flossie just cracks me up! ;)
~S.

andrea said...

We love that Dinah sent the link! (And when someone comes home, we just have to have a toy in our mouth, too. Because we love when someone comes home!)

Coco xo

Danielle P. said...

Oh Flossie, you're adorable!

Arthur Ransome said...

My dad's just had a haircut too. It's an improvement, but he doesn't rank with Tosca in the sweetness stakes!

June said...

Oh, Flossie, thank you for this oh-so-enthusiastic report of your day out!

annie hoff said...

And I love Flossie!

Anonymous said...

You can exclaim all you want Flossie - I love exclamation marks too!! What a lovely day out on the beach - just what a girl needs when the house is full of builders. I hope when Rachel took you home you found that they had been very busy ..... and had saved some biscuits for you!

Frances said...

Lovely photos of the sea and dogs, and the simple last but one is beautiful. Just discovered the fish... Great fun!

Susan said...

from a dog's diary - it could be Flossie's

8:00 am - Dog food! My favorite thing!
9:30 am - A car ride! My favorite thing!
9:40 am - A walk in the park! My favorite thing!
10:30 am - Got rubbed & petted! My favorite thing!
12:00 pm - Milk bones! My favorite thing!
1:00 pm - Played in the yard! My favorite thing!
3:00 pm - Wagged my tail! My favorite thing!
5:00 pm - Dinner! My favorite thing!
7:00 pm - Got to play ball! My favorite thing!
8:00 pm - Wow! Watched TV with the people! My favorite thing!
11:00 pm - Sleeping on the bed! My favorite thing!

what a lovely, post lovely lucky happy dogs

xo Winnie Dixon & Sam(mule)

Anonymous said...

A joyous post, thank you!

Anonymous said...

I want Flossie! You have a delightful blog

Estelle

Shelagh said...

I miss you Flossie!!!!!!!!!!!

Lesley said...

What a day!! Hope you have many more just like it and star in many more blog posts too so we can share in the fun!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails