Tuesday 23 October 2012

Misty mornings

The morning air is full of moisture; the atmosphere is still and mysterious.

(Click on these images to enlarge, and see the real beauty.)


The lacemakers are busy.


As are the invisible decorators. Crystal beads are popular again this year.




Magical, magical. I am five years old again, struck silent with wonder.


PS I didn't get to Exeter after all - I got the horrors about spending hours in shops, and decided to stay home and paint furniture instead. But first I had to visit the spidery wonderland that is revealed in damp weather....

13 comments:

Frances said...

Beautiful webs at this time of year. I enjoy them too

Danielle P. said...

Simply gorgeous.

dinahmow said...

Ohhh! Just ohhh!
Thank you.

Barbee' said...

I enlarged the photos... Oh, WOW!

John said...

I like your last photo in this series especially.

annie hoff said...

I think they're beautiful. Much better to watch miniature lace makers at work than a shopping trip. Isn't it amazing how much tiny detail there is around - often right at our feet!

jill said...

IM sure the John Lewis in Exeter is no more exciting than the one you rarely went into in Newcastle!

June said...

Don't those quiet little wonders just knock your socks off? Wonderful photos.

Dartford Warbler said...

Lovely. I was admiring misty webs stretched across the gorse bushes this morning.

judy in ky said...

You made the right choice. These are wonderful.

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

Exeter's John Lewis will always be there ... these crystal beaded shawls won't .
Beautiful !

Anonymous said...

I particularly like the crystal bead decorations.

Far nicer than shopping.

jabblog said...

This is the time of year when I move forward SLOWLY when outside. Much as I admire the beautiful work of the lace workers (your lovely description) I dislike the gossamer attaching itself to me.

Related Posts with Thumbnails