Monday 15 March 2010

Human tries hard

We are bored. BORED! There's nothing to do. Eaten everything. Wrestled. Sick of those mice.


Bored.


Bored.


Bored.


Millie, come downstairs and play with us! 


No. Too bored to come downstairs. 


Anyway, you're such rough boys. I'm too dainty to play with you. Go away.

Time for a new toy, marinated nicely in the catnip jar. Fur, feathers and string.


Lottie, you go first. Don't look like that; you'll enjoy it once you try. Yes, you will!


Ok. Bite, bite. Kick, kick. Is that all right for you?


Bored now. Can I stop?


Scooter, it's your turn.


Bite, bite. Kick, kick. Mmmm, nice fur on a string!


Mine, all mine! Not going to share!


But if Hamish creeps across....


....and gets the string....


...and pulls....


Ha! 


Mine, all mine.


Bite, bite. Kick, kick.


Done enough of that now.


Bored. 

13 comments:

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

And I thought there was nothing worse than a b-o-r-e-d toddler !

Anonymous said...

Bored? In that house? You don't know the meaning of it you boys!

Lucille said...

Priceless and possibly miceless - unlike us.

Peace Thyme said...

Just do something, for goodness sake. Cook....shovel snow.....look for bears....talk to me without wanting something.... Just do something, for goodness sake!!

Pam said...

Ah, I remember that kitten stage: Oh, EXCITING EXCITING EXCITING EXCITING no boring boring boring boring.

Sweet Virginia Breeze said...

Your kitties are so cute! You will never get bored with them around to entertain you.

Anonymous said...

I think it's time for a new cardboard packing crate! My husband had a saying for our dear cats when we had them. "When in doubt, wash".I bet it wasn't long after those photos that at least one of them didn't have an irresistable "urge to groom".

Linda said...

Dear cats and kittens. Don't worry. I have it on good authority that warmer weather is coming. This means more flying food, some basking in strong sunlight, more open doors, more human absences when the human goes gardening, and more good humour all round. We all feel a bit like that at the end of winter.
Patience gets easier each year.
Rupert (17.5)

Maggie Christie said...

What gorgeous cats! Lovely blog. I really enjoyed seeing the pictures of them.

cathleen said...

Oh, Rachel, I love this. Thanks for making me giggle today. I LOVE Cats!

Frances said...

Love the cat posts, they always make me smile.thanks for cheering the day.

Fran Hill said...

I love these little cat narratives in pictures. Made me laugh, this one. Bored. Bored. Bored. From what I know of cats, they're very good at looking as though you're the worst, least funny, least entertaining owner in the world.

Lesley said...

I love your photo stories - so much better than Just 17 or Jackie used to be!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails