Friday 30 January 2009

Blogiversary

What a terrible word. I'm sure I didn't make it up. but absorbed it unconsciously from other blogs.

Anyway, it's not even true: yesterday was the 1st birthday of this benighted blog, so I suppose today is Sorryiforgotiversary.

What do you do on a blog's birthday then? Make some resolutions? (I will not split infinitives so often? I will stop obsessing about my cats? I will only post photos that are properly focused?) But, for someone so fond of a sudden enthusiasm that can drop off the radar without a moment's notice, keeping a blog going for a whole year seems like a major achievement to me. If I wasn't being virtuous (ie fat and determined not to buy any badly-needed new clothes till I'd dropped a dress size) I would make a celebratory cake, take a blurry photo of it, maybe with the cats, and post it here. And boldly go, for another year, perhaps....

4 comments:

Shelagh said...

Happy belated anniversary. Seems your blog is no three day wonder... As for the future, I, for one, hope you'll carry on just exactly the same way. I enjoy the glimpse into your life and all the photos - even the blurry ones!

rogern said...

Me too, and I only live down the road. Your blog, like you allotment, is better tended than mine!

I raise a glass to your 1st birthday, and wish you many more.

Kitty said...

Thanks for visiting Eggshell, another baker - and another Northener! I used to live in Jesmond so I know Newcastle well.
I have taken my time to get to grips with Bertinet's bread-making technique. What seems like endless pounding of sticky dough, slapping and folding and getting revoltingly sticky eventually - and I mean - eventually - does give a beautiful silky soft spongy dough. Hard work but worth it!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on a year of blogging, it is indeed an achievement of which you should rightly be proud.

Related Posts with Thumbnails