Monday 8 February 2010

When tulips go mad....

...like these, and start falling over in a shamefully drunken and disinhibited way, you know it's time to buy fresh ones.


All prim and proper now, aren't they. Hamish has  already rearranged them a little. They too will have to be put out of his reach. My home is reminiscent of those that contain toddlers.


This is my favourite vase, in fine pale green glass, miraculously unchipped.


If you look close enough, you'll see its true purpose etched delicately under the rim.


Celery. I think the fridge does a better job at keeping celery, and the vase is free to multi task.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

But the blowsy ones look like an Elizabeth Blackadder study, vibrant and luscious. Wish I had a multitasking vase - perhaps it could help me tidy up?

Jan

Anonymous said...

Something like http://artwork.barewalls.com/artwork/TulipsandShells.html?ArtworkID=17631&thumbs=1&productid=18101 or http://www.gwenhughesart.co.uk/pages/single/83.html

Jan

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

I love bendy , blowsy , collapsing tulips . I peered and peered at your vase and read Geller . Couldn't think of a possible other purposee than to bend tulips faster ?
Luckily you enlarged it for us .

Karen said...

Absolutely lovely...

Fran Hill said...

I love things which have labels on into which totally different things are put. It appeals to me. We have our kitchen utensils stacked in stone jars labelled tea, coffee and sugar.

rogern said...

I love tulips when they go all blousey (blowsy?) like that, even when they die and shrivel I think they are beautiful, but hey, that's just me :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails