Thursday 15 March 2012

Wild

My lovely neighbours saw these young chaps last week, and took their photo for Tricia (presently in Paris), who is still harping on about not having seen a stag. Well, I didn't see a  possum or a wombat in all the time I stayed with her in Australia, but am I bitter and still harping on? Oh, right.

Diane's stags, Cloutsham

I saw two of these beautifully polished little Volkswagens in the hedgerow yesterday. I have no idea what they were doing, but they moved very slowly, and waved their legs about in the most vague way.




I think this one is turning right.

12 comments:

June said...

Such is spring, that we all examine every living thing with relish!
"...turning right." Hah!

Arthur Ransome said...

Yes, definitely Mirror, Signal, Manoeuvre. I can't believe how far on your cleavers (sticky willy to us Scots) is!

littlemancat said...

I love the way you write! And the photos are wonderful. Just wanted to tell you how much pleasure your blog gives to me and to many.
Best wishes.
Mary

Rattling On said...

Gorgeous beetles, they are my favourites (next to their much bigger French relatives who are just perfect). I saw a bee today... does that count as spring?

Susan said...

oh Rach, you make me laugh, you make me smile & then you make me laugh some more. merci my - oops I do mean "our" - friend xoxo Susan & les gang

Val said...

Excellent photos :0)

Jen said...

The stags are stunning.
I have not yet seen a bear in the Catskills, though everyone else has it seems.
Your "Bug" pictures are wonderful!

Marcheline said...

Volkswagens!!! HAHAHAHA!!!!

Pam said...

Are these stag beetles? Anyway, I think they're a bit creepy. They also look as if they might eat my dahlias.

Anonymous said...

I think that beetle might be the Bloody-nosed Beetle. A magnificent little thing.

jabblog said...

Gorgeous photo of the stags. The only ones we see are mere babes with buds.

Frith said...

I had a little beetle, Alexander was his name.

Related Posts with Thumbnails