What a sourpuss I sounded in that last post! And what a sourpuss I was - kept awake again last night by carousing students over the back lane. So, to remind myself that there are nicer things around in my very small life, here are a few recent examples:
1. A little poppy in the front garden, resolutely ignoring the fact that it's December.
2. Lottie staking her claim to the empty basket intended for my knitting. She's a bit excited about it too - you can tell by her pink nose, which is usually very pale.
3. Millie delighted with her find in the back lane, a pop-up laundry bin thrown out by a neighbour. She sat in it for a long time, thinking serious thoughts. I think.
4. A successful eBay bid tonight for some Rowan yarn in a very pretty pink and at an amazing price - £18.50 for 500g! Way under half the RRP! The Demon Bidder strikes again. A strange talent, this; hope my knitting improves to match.
5. And a delicious tip for buttercream icing - make as usual (butter, icing sugar, beat beat beat, adding a good splash of the remaining wonderful elderflower cordial your friend gave you in early summer. Beat beat beat. Sample at intervals. Makes for a much more grown-up taste when topping almond cupcakes.
That's better. I can go to bed feeling less vinegary.